Friday, January 18, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty


Director : Kathryn Bigelow
My Rating : 4/5

Wow!
The chase of Osama-bin-laden…
I was very curious to know how it all happened…why it took soo soo long to locate him…… by what means they could finally do it ….had been wanting to read the book “manhunt” but somehow delayed it.... finally this is the movie to appease my desire….after the film was announced, I somehow knew even before watching the movie that I would like it….n I wasn’t disappointed a bit.
If you watch the movie standalone considering it as a fiction and a mere thriller film, it makes an amazingly thrilling story full of investigations, surprises and passions…..the minute the thought of  reality creeps into mind, it simply gives goose bumps…….I really cant explain what all I felt while watching it, But I can imagine the feeling of triumph for everyone involved and awaiting justice.
The movie is wonderfully made with brilliant acting by everyone esp Jessica Chastain…..Doesn’t feel like a documentary though it does its job of giving a detailed picture of the chase and all procedures involved……The last 30mins of the film is definitely the most gripping part when the navy seals start their flight to raid his residence. The movie on the whole is definitely a must-watch.
It surely brings everyone a feeling of satisfaction and justice.

Hmmm..
Some interrogation scenes seemed very cruel….though they tortured the right guys in the movie, made me feel awful about all the innocent people being interrogated that way in real life
The movie seemed to be revolving more on highlighting Maya (Jessica Chastain) than on the mission and the other officers involved.…probably the director wanted the movie to be more than jus a manhunt….probably its more about a woman’s victory in the most ambitious and awaited chase of the world……I have read about Jen, the real life counterpart of Maya and her deep association with this case…..not sure if she was as responsible for tracking him as portrayed in the movie but she surely deserves a hatsoff for her guts and attitude….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for reviews of this movie... and I tumbled on yours....
"It surely brings everyone a feeling of satisfaction and justice" ... you will change the last word of this sentence to "INCOMPLETE justice" after you watch the documentary "Loose Change" and/or reading the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins.